Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cheers to 30 years!


What a lucky girl I am. Turning 30 is not everyone's idea of fun, but I have to say my husband sure knows how to soften the blow. It began with a surprise trip to San Francisco. At dinner the weekend before I was suppose to fly down C handed me a wrapped box. I opened it to find a folder inside with my itinerary for the weekend. Not just the flight itinerary, but hotel reservations and plans for Friday afternoon with my girlfriends at Woodside, an early morning run on Saturday (the annual Woodside May Day Fun Run!), and a yummy dinner on Saturday night at one of the best vegetarian restaurants in San Francisco, Millennium. You can imagine my excitement!

On May 1st we headed to the airport and off I went. I was greeted at SFO by my MIL and we headed directly to First Watch, a yummy breakfast cafe in San Mateo. Once there and seated I was surprised with a visit from my friend, Andrea, who had driven down from St. Helena. What fun! It was so good to see her and have some time to catch up. After brunch, Andrea had to be on her way again and Janet and I had an appointment at Woodside. Each year that I have taught, Janet has come into my class and talked to the kinders about keeping their teeth healthy. It's quite a show! Usually C even makes an appearance as "Mr. Molar." This year was a little different, as she was unable to come to my class in Portland, but it was very fun for us to be able to continue the tradition at Woodside. The best part, of course, was seeing "my girls!" How I've missed them!!


After school we were "invited" to attend the TGI Friday that was supposedly happening at a nearby restaurant. Upon arriving, however, I soon found that it was a surprise baby shower for me. I have the bestest friends and family a girl could ever ask for!! What a wonderful moment to step inside and see so many friendly, smiling faces that I hadn't seen in much too long. It was a wonderful party! Fun games, yummy food, friendly faces, and lots of baby goodies! I am so blessed.

Soon after the party ended it was time for me to go to dinner at the home of one of my previous families. I was joined by Janet and three other Woodside teachers. Dinner was delicious and we had the best time!

Saturday morning came bright and early as we headed out from our hotel in San Mateo on our way back to Woodside for the annual May Day Fun Run, Parade and Carnival. We arrived in time to start the run, which was more of a walk for us but still very fun! After the run we had a yummy pancake breakfast and then we joined the crowd for the parade. I loved seeing so many friends and families and the opportunity to chat. The rest of the morning and early afternoon was filled with lots of activity before Janet and I headed off to the hotel in San Francisco.

After a nice Sabbath afternoon nap we got ready for our dinner out. We were not disappointed at Millennium! The food was amazing and the company even better. We were joined by Stacey M., Tracy, and Stacy C. I couldn't have wished for a better evening. What fun to be out celebrating in the city with my beautiful friends.
Sunday came too soon. Breakfast was at the nearby Starbucks, a quick shopping trip on Market Street and then off to the airport. I was excited to return home to C, but sad to leave knowing it would be a while before I got to see everyone again. It was bittersweet, but the memories still make me smile and get warm and fuzzy all over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that... so sweet!!! Tasha