Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More surprises!

I woke up on the morning of my 30th birthday to the wonderful aroma of breakfast floating up from the kitchen. Soon after, I was greeted with a birthday serenade from C and a strawberry waffle breakfast -in -bed! We both had taken the day off to relax and celebrate my turning another decade older. During breakfast we reminisced about all the wonderful opportunities and adventures we had in our twenties and tried to predict what was going to be the defining event in our 30s (becoming parents, of course!!).

As we ate our breakfast C casually slid another folder my way and told me to open it. I couldn't imagine what more he might have up his sleeve after the previous weekend. Inside the folder was another flight itinerary....to St. Louis. We were flying to see my family!!! I couldn't believe it and was so happy I cried! It was more than I could have ever wished for, to be with my family on my birthday and celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. Not to mention the opportunity for my family to get to see and feel my baby belly! So exciting!

I was overjoyed the entire day as we worked in the yard, ra
n errands, packed, cleaned, and took some time out for a relaxing couples massage.

The following morning we were up bright and early and on our way to the airport again. The flight seemed to go quickly and the best part- First Class seats! Once we got to STL, my parents and little brother were there to pick us up. Big hugs all around!! We passed the time talking and catching up until it was time to go to a nearby restaurant for dinner. We were met there by family friends Reggie and Amparo and their daughter, son-in-law, and baby grandson. A little later my big brother arrived from Springfield. Again I was surrounded by those I love and feeling so incredibly blessed. We had a delicious dinner and were serenaded by our waitress who happened to be the best waitress I've ever had!

After dinner big brother K had to go back home because of prior obligations, but the rest of us drove to R and A's house where were were to stay the night. At their house we got to have yummy strawberry birthday cake compliments of mom. Yes, I have had strawberry cake for every birthday since turning a year old...and I never grow tired of it!

Mother's Day began with breakfast followed by a shopping spree with mom! The boys kept themselves occupied elsewhere while mom, Amparo and I shopped ourselves silly. Gotta do that every once in a while! We had a wonderful lunch at a nearby Mexican restaurant and too soon had to be at the airport and on our way home.

Again I just have to say that I have the most wonderful husband, family and friends a girl could ever ask for. Thank you for making my birthday
and every day so special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I have to admit... I am a little jealous:) This is so cool that it brought tears to my eyes!!! You deserve it!!! Tasha