Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Try and keep up!

I'm six months old now and doing so many new things, it's hard for mommy and daddy to keep up! I'm now sleeping 12-12.5 hours at night. Mommy and Daddy are extremely happy about that! I am also sleeping on my tummy now (even though Mommy puts me on my back) which I find far more comfortable.I have found my thumb and have also found that I enjoy sucking it when I'm sleepy. I can sit up really well all by myself now, but if I tip over I've decided it's easier to just hang out on my tummy or back. One of these days I'll probably figure out how to sit back up, not important right now.

I have been eating solids for over a week now. In the morning I have oatmeal, which I love! In the evening I have a variety of fruits and vegetables. So far the variety has included sweet potatoes, bananas, peas, and squash. I love eating solid food and so far everything I've had has been delicious. It's fun, and I think I'm good at it!

I got a new ball this weekend. Daddy and I played together for a long time. I like to watch it bounce and roll, it makes me giggle.

I am becoming so much more aware of everything around me. My bedroom is fascinating and there is so much to look at. I like looking at all the animals that are painted on the wall.

Today I was sitting a little too close to Andy, the bear. I let Mommy know that maybe I was a little too close, she told me not to worry. So I won't. I'm growing fast and changing every day, but there is one thing that doesn't change; I know Mommy will keep me safe.


2 comments:

Rene said...

Great photos! And that's so awesome that she's already sleeping through the night. I think Ian has only done that on a few, isolated, occasions.

Janet said...

There is such a big world out there, thank you for sharing these special discovery moments. She gets more beautiful every moment. Love you all