Saturday, June 14, 2008

Surprise!


C and I had been planning for a while to go down south for Father's Day weekend. Little did he know that I (along with Danielle) had also been planning a surprise 30th birthday party for he and Andy! Andy turned 30 in February and C will turn 30 in October, so we figured we were pretty safe that they wouldn't have a clue....and we were right! C and I left very early Saturday morning and made it to Huntington Beach right about brunch time. After brunch with Roland and Daniel, the boys left for the indoor racetrack while I met up with Danielle, Janet and Lindsey to prepare for the beach party. Kirk had been planning a "Father's Day Adventure" for the sons and dads to keep C and Andy busy for the better part of the afternoon. Meanwhile, Danielle and I ran around town picking up decorations, food, and balloons. If only the weather had complied... By the time the guests began arriving the last of the balloons had already flown away and the wind was unceasing. But, it was a wonderful evening spent with family and friends and as C put it "The best surprise birthday party I ever could have imagined!!" I'm so glad! :)

No comments: