Wednesday, February 13, 2008

OUCH!

I know there isn't a whole lot of sympathy out there for me, but just to put it out there, I'm BUMMED! The Superbowl, also known as "The Great Upset", was exciting (yes!), maddening and ultimately disheartening.  Yes, I love the Patriots...every one of them!  No, I am not ashamed and will unabashedly admit to my fondness for Tom Brady as well.  It was a sad day for all of us....and though I am still sad when I think of those final seconds when Eli Manning pulled something from somewhere even he has yet to understand....I think of next season, and what that could bring. Another chance for the Patriots to make history!

2 comments:

Chad said...

Let's just say that the statement "it's a sad day for all of us", you meant yourself and C right? For the C, K, and K family it was a joyous celebration of the classic underdog team coming from behind to destroy the best team money can buy..It just goes to show you that anything can happen on any given Sunday! With this devastating loss, it is my hope that the Pats have started what I hope to be a long, painful, widely publicized slide into NFL oblivion! Remember, "Cheaters never prosper"...

Chad said...

Chad, you forgot about the Congressional investigation into the allegations that the Patriots filmed their opponents to learn about their plays. While it may currently be overshadowed by the baseball steroids and human growth hormone investigation and Clemens testimony, the Southern California Russells are eagerly awaiting the results of Sen. Spector's investigation. Kelly