Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Barcelona!


I don't know where to begin! I was incredibly excited to have the opportunity to travel to Barcelona with C. We left on Thursday afternoon and arrived Friday evening in Barcelona after traveling through Frankfurt. Once we arrived and were settled in our hotel we headed out to Las Ramblas to find food. We had tapas at a quaint little cafe called "Cafe Brasil" and walked the length of Las Ramblas before going back to the hotel. The next morning C unfortunately had to work so I was on my own. I began the day with a 5 mile run along the Mediterranean as the sun rose. It was beautiful! The rest of the day and those that followed were just as exciting- here are some highlights:

  • Walking along Las Ramblas watching the crowds of tourists and locals mingle.
  • Visiting several very beautiful and very old cathedrals
  • Eating yummy chocolate filled croissants at Cafe L' Opera on Las Ramblas
  • Practicing my Spanish conversational skills with the locals
  • Sightseeing around the city- of particular interest- the works of Gaudi
  • SHOPPING
  • Visiting a large outdoor marketplace and stocking up on my favorite gummy candies
  • Taking the metro everywhere
  • Popping in on C at work and seeing the London crew
  • Sitting in the park on Sunday watching the families at play and striking up a conversation
  • Planning our next trip to Barcelona!!
I traveled home on Tuesday without difficulty and C arrived home Friday evening. It was a wonderful trip and how lucky I feel to have been able to go. Our next trip is a little closer to home- we'll be heading up to San Francisco for a few days beginning Sunday. We'll spend Superbowl Sunday in SF- GO PATRIOTS!!!

3 comments:

Janet said...

I am so happy you both got to be in Bar"tha"lona! Maybe someday I can have a personal tour.

Janet said...

I am so happy you both got to be in Bar"tha"lona! Maybe someday I can have a personal tour.

Janet said...

Loved your diary of "Barthelona". I hope you can be a tour guide I ever get to go. Love mom/mil