Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ready or not?

It is difficult not to wonder if (hope?) the baby will arrive early. I have enjoyed every single moment of being home this summer and have done my best to take advantage of it. However, now I fully understand what it means to be a part of the "waiting game." I didn't think I would actually find myself sitting on the couch "waiting" to go into labor, but...
So today as I was sitting on the couch I took out my "To Do" list:

-Install car seat √
-Prepare baby's room √
-Purchase all the "essentials" √
-Wash all baby items √
-Read baby books √
-Watch birth videos √
-Watch baby care videos √
-Get toenails painted √
-Prepare meals to eat later √ish (I made meal lists)
-Clean house thoroughly √√√
-Pack bag for hospital √
-Charge cameras, computers and cell phones √
-Pre-register for the hospital √
-Make a call/email list √
-Type up a birth plan √

I felt pretty proud of myself after looking at my list and seeing all of the √'s. It made me feel good to know that I had accomplished this list of things to do. So, as I sat and looked at my list, looked around my house, looked at the bags sitting by the door I said to myself "It looks like we're ready!" but what I was really thinking was "We have NO idea what we're in for!"

2 comments:

Rene said...

You're so organized and prepared! And I know you'll be a fabulous mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes you do... you'll be a great Mommy!!!