Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

As I was looking for a for a new digital camera I came across Amazon.com's New Years Resolution list. As I started clicking through all of it's links I decided I needed to write my own New Year's Resolutions. As you can see below one of them is to start posting on our blog. So, I figured why not make my first post my list of New Year's Resolutions. I'd love to hear some of your resolutions too. If you have time, post a comment with some of your resolutions. Happy New Year!

In no particular order:
  1. Read parenting books (Parents, any suggestions?)
  2. Keep our photos website up to date ( www.8-3-2003.com/Photos )
  3. Create entries in our blog. (Yes, this is my first entry. Tara's done the rest)
  4. Get serious about becoming an expert in Java programming (I've been attempting this for many years)
  5. Exercise and eat healthy
  6. Save for new family car (I'm thinking an early 90's Chevy Astro or Dodge Caravan in blue)
  7. Reconnect with old friends (Facebook??? LinkedIn???)
  8. Be more spiritual and spend more time in prayer talking with God.
  9. Be a better husband (Tara may argue this is not possible but I think there is room for some improvement)
  10. Be thankful for all that I've been blessed with and worry less about the small stuff.
- Christian

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your resolutions:) As a parent of four and a pediatric RN let me suggest two great reads for parenting:

1)Babywise by Gary Ezzo and Dr. Robert Bucknam (It is truly the instruction manual people wish came with the birth of their child- it's all about flexible routines which I have seen countless numbers of children thrive on)

2)Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Mark Weisbluth My kids all have slept 12 hours a night since the time they were six months and continue taking 2-3 hour naps until or through preschool... need I say more:)

These are great reads and are a great place to start as new parents... just take it with a grain of salt/ not as the Bible so to speak.

Hope that helps and good luck. You will be great parents!!!
Love, The Roach Team again:)

Janet said...

HI,
Love your Resolutions. I think I like all of yours so I am going to do that too.......maybe switch out the java for being a better tooth cleaner.
Love you keep writing. mommomoom

Janet said...

I forgot ......you know we can help you pick out that nice electric purple/blue van if you want

Anonymous said...

That Nurse knows what she is talking about....Awesome Books!!! Congrats C 'n T. We are very happy for you 2. You will make awesome parents and I'm pretty sure I know a future Grandma who will be awesome as well. I like the New Years resolutions. Hope to see you guys next time you're in town! ~Jason Roach

Janet said...

Thank you both for a wonderful weekend of beautiful Portland weather!!! I loved all your wonderful meals and the cozy beautiful home you have created. So much fun.
Love mom/mil/grammie