Friday, March 14, 2008

Pausing...

This week has been an incredibly hectic week. Balancing the demands of a full time job, fulfilling my Masters requirements and the obligations I have at home has taken it's toll and I am exhausted! Oh yeah, and the unnecessary time change didn't help either. Now, that aside, I have to say that I have been blessed the most wonderful, supportive, dedicated, understanding (I could go on and on) husband a girl could ask for. All week long he has cooked, cleaned, washed, dried, folded, vacuumed, organized, filed, emptied, listened, hugged, shopped, advised, supported.....he's amazing!
Last weekend I had the opportunity to fly down and visit with my biggest brother, my sister-in-law and my two-year-old niece in Southern California. The weather was gorgeous and provided us with the opportuni
ty to be outside a lot. My "SIL" is very skilled and crafty and spent Saturday morning building a potting bench for their garden oasis on the front porch. I was, to say the least, impressed by her handiwork. It's beautiful! I could definitely learn a thing or two about "green thumbness" from her. I also give her big kudos for dressing up like a matador for a work event, although I have yet to see the proof of such acts. *hint, hint*
While she was working away, my brother, niece and I headed to the nearby park. The swings, slides, bikes, balls, dogs and other kids provided all kinds of excitement! Shortly after our park visit, "mom" and "dad" got to have some alone time while niece and Auntie got to spend some quality time together and joined by my father-in-law. The next day we got to go to
DISNEYLAND! It was bright and sunny and the crowds were out! It is such a different experience when visiting Disneyland with a two year old, but it was so FUN! My favorite moments were when I would watch her eyes light up and see the smiles that would shortly follow. The day passed by far too quickly and before I knew it the time had come to board the plane and head home. C picked me up and too me home to an immaculately clean apartment. He had told me he'd be busy all weekend, and he certainly was! Now another week is over and we are finally given some time to relax at home and hopefully catch up on some other things that haven't gotten done yet. Have a great weekend everyone! Wear green on Monday....or watch out for leprechauns that might pinch you!

No comments: